You can rename previously named places by following these steps:
- Select a place in the map view.
- Tap the pen icon next to the place name label.
- On iPhones: Tap the “Edit” button. On Android devices: Tap the phone’s menu button and select “Edit nearby places”.
- Editing pen icons should appear next to each of the place names in the “Nearby places” list. To open the detailed place editing view, tap the pen icon next to the place name you want to edit.
- Tap the text field to edit the name.
- Tap “Done” after you have finished editing.
After step 6 all instances of the selected place in your Moves history should be renamed automatically.